To be considered apply at: http://www.umrcphcareers.com/
Certified Nurse Aide
Huron Valley PACE
Day Clinic and Home Care
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
*Schedule will include occasional weekend coverage (some PM coverage may be required) as well as participation in the after-hour on-call rotation which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Premium pay is provided for evening, weekend, and Holiday coverage, in addition to mileage reimbursement when providing at home care for a participant. Must have reliable transportation.
Huron Valley PACE serves Washtenaw county providing a wide range of medical and supportive services in our Day Clinic located in Ypsilanti, Michigan or in the comfort of their own homes. The Huron Valley PACE team of healthcare professionals specialize in working with the senior community to help participants and their family members make positive healthcare decisions and receive the care they deserve.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love your career!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Performs patient care activities, within the Day Clinic or participants home, and other tasks as assigned to assist the primary care, therapy, and healthcare staff. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Participant Care Manager or designee but is independent in the application of nursing knowledge and skills.
Assist residents in the following areas:
- Personal care functions including bathing, skin care, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene and dressing
- Feeding residents
- Turning and positioning residents
• Measuring and recording intake and output
• Weighing residents
• Proper transfer techniques
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment
• Keep residents rooms clean and supplied
• Make and change beds
• Answer call lights and take appropriate action
• Collect and label specimens (urine, stool, sputum)
• Measure and record vital signs, weights and report variations in vital signs to the nurse
• Immediately report any changes in residents condition or incidents to the nurse
• Participate in care conferences with other members of the team as appropriate
• Maintains confidentiality in relation to all residents, healthcare staff and documentation in accordance with policy and state regulations
• Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate training
• Appearance is professional and complies with the dress code
• Maintains a cooperative manner towards residents, families and all members of the health care team.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Must be currently certified as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Michigan
3. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct care role is preferred.