Full-Time and Part-Time
Hours vary based on departmental needs
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Characterictic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
2. Manage the classroom/laboratory.
3. Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program/department evaluation. **
4. Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
5. Assess student performance.
6. Advise students on academic issues. **
7. Collaborate with advisory committee in program/department area. **
8. Attend departmental and institutional meetings. **
9. Promote the education/training program/department, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to promote educational opportunities at MATC.
10. Support student organizations and activities. **
11. Develop relationships with business and industry. **
12. Complete program/department evaluation and follow-up.
13. Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
14. Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
2. A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of verifiable work experience in a Long Term Care Facility as a registered nurse.
3. In addition, one of the following must be met:
a. At least one year of work experience must have occurred within the last five years
b. Two years of teaching Nursing Assistant course work at the post-secondary level within the last five years
Industry or Vendor Certification:
4. Completion of a CNA Train-the-Trainer course approved by the State of Wisconsin prior to the time of hire
5. Hold an advanced degree i.e., Master's degree in Nursing or Education
6. Previous teaching experience preferred.
7. Experience in teaching and/or developing curriculum in a variety of classroom environments including in-person and online.
8. Experience using a variety of instructional methods including: face-to-face, blended, and 100% online preferred.
9. Must be able to develop and maintain curriculum currency.
10. Working knowledge of computers and software related to instructional area including MS Office/Google Suite, data systems, mobile technologies, web conference tools, and social networking; and knowledge of, or willing to learn, Blackboard or similar learning management system (LMS) preferred.
11. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly required.
12. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
13. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic competency attainment.
14. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
15. Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction:
Supportive Technology: Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies: Online Learning Management and Information Systems used for instruction, student advising, student programs/departments, grading, class schedules and rosters, etc. Experience delivering synchronous instruction using multi-media based, and emerging technologies. Experience delivering distance learning where applicable.
Essential Technology: Email - Experience with email systems Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system Computer - Experience with software to prepare documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
MATC Career Essentials Effective Communication through Speaking and Listening Effective Communication through Writing Mathematical Competency Effective Problem Solving Global Awareness Professionalism Technology Competency
To apply: visit www.matc.edu and search the job openings page.
Please make sure to review the position requirements and submit a complete application, including any required documents, and necessary information describing work experience to best assess your qualifications.
Must submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
Transcript must note degree conferred date.
MATC is an AA/EEO employer and committed to workplace diversity.
Excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.